Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thank You, Kathryn

Dear Kathryn,

I'm so sorry that you were a victim of cancer, and so quickly. You were such a good friend to me and many others, and we'll miss you. I know that your husband Ross was planning to spend many more years with you, and adjusting to life without you will be difficult for him. You were very active and vibrant at 72 years old. However, you and Ross have been such strong Christians, so he takes comfort that you are in a better place, and that he will see you there someday. Your son, and the rest of your family, will all have a great void in their lives.

For me, you were a great friend. When I started my first day of work right out of college, it was you who met me at the door of the office. You got me settled in, introduced me around, and you were always there ready to help with anything. When my wife and I moved to Lawrenceville, you invited us to visit your church, which has now been our church for 20 years. Somehow I knew that any church that you approved of was a pretty special place to be. I quickly learned that you were well respected at our church, just like you were at our office, and for good reason. You had a passion for seeing things done well, and you set a standard for all of us to strive toward.

When our daughter was in a play, you came to see her, and you brought your niece with you. When we adopted our son, you told us how you were so happy for us, and would pray for us during our journey. Every time I walk in our church building, I still think of you and almost expect to see you there.

I, and many others, will continue to offer comfort to Ross. Losing you so quickly was a tragedy for him, your family, and all of us. Our pastor did say that Heaven has to be much better organized since you arrived. I know that must be true.

Thank you for being such a good friend to me, our family, and our church. You had a tremendous impact and me and many others. I know you are now enjoying your rich reward.

Until we meet again,

Trey

No comments: