Friday, August 31, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

The summer is coming to an end (officially), although we still have several warm days ahead.

I'm getting up at 5AM on Saturday to drive to Rome to watch my daughter's cross-country team from Central Gwinnett High School. My wife and the other two kids are heading to the in-law's house at Lake Oconee on Saturday morning. My goal is to get to the lake house by 3:30PM on Saturday to see kickoff of Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame. Tech has a new offensive coordinator, and a new quarterback, although Calvin Johnson will be playing on Sundays this year. I'm hoping for a good year.

Monday, we're heading back home in the early afternoon, because my wife and I, and four other friends, are going to Chastain Park that evening to see MEAT LOAF. That's right, Paradise by the Dashboard Lights, Two Out of Three Ain't Bad, Bat Out of Hell - we're looking forward to all of them. I read that Mr. Loaf is turning 60 soon. Still performing and selling tickets - good for him.

I took my daughter and two of her friends to see John Mayer at Philips Arena earlier this month. That guy is extremely talented. Before the concert, my daughter and her friends gathered at a friend's house to make T-shirts for the concert. I told them not to bother to make me one (please), because I wasn't sure what the quality of the final product would be. Well, I must say I was quite impressed with the results. They downloaded pictures and printed them on transfer paper that can be ironed onto a shirt. And, yes, they made me a shirt. I hesitated to wear it, but my wife said "Oh come on - they made it for you -wear it!" So I did. I don't usually wear shirts with pictures of a guy on it (not that there's anything wrong with that...), but I did it for my daughter. We had a great time.

My 13-year-old daughter had her first babysitting job tonight. The wife and I stayed home to be close by just in case. Everything went fine. They really do grow up fast!

Have a great Labor Day. Put those white pants and shoes in the closet until Memorial Day :-)

No comments: